Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Sweet Tea at Longboat Key

It has been 10 days since my last post. 

I know, you have all been holding your breath for my return. Life just goes by so fast doesn't it??!! Have I said that before??

My little college girl and I have had sweet tea in 4 states since I last checked in and have ended up back where we started, kind of. Same state anyway.

After leaving a great weekend in Savannah, Trisha and I met up with the rest of Surrendering the Secret Ministry team who had taken the short route by air, in Richmond, Virginia for 4 days filled with amazing ministry moments.



We had a wonderful time at the Heartbeat International Pregnancy Resource Conference. I would love to have you visit the STS blog later this week for the God scoop!!!

It was so much more fun to have some of my family with me this time. Lots of long time ministry friends greeted Julianna as if they knew her, having heard her story for almost 21 years. God did some really COOL stuff!


J and I left Virginia on Friday and drove for 15 hours. We arrived just in time to head out again the next day to enjoy the crystal clear waters of Longboat Key. 

Longboat has been featured on Sweet Tea before as it has been our family place of R&R for over 30 years. 

We are blessed each morning to look out over the Gulf of Mexico from the balcony and windows of our condo. The sky always seems to be some shade of bright pink as God turns the moon into the sun, then the sun into the moon, one more time.

Sea Gulls constantly fill the air with discussion about their morning "catch", the latest gossip being spread across the waves as well as all of the days many possibilities. 

Sky, beach, water, Sky, beach, water.......oh the choices!!!



Pelicans bounce on the water as if their bodies are filled with cork and based upon their constant eating maybe some of them are.

This is the kind of place where you are able to forget about everything but God and dreams. 

It is an honor to be allowed to experience it for another sweet season. 

We never, never take it for granted!!


How could we?



10 Comments:

Blogger KK said...

Glad you are back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Blogger Pat said...

Hi Karla,
It was so wonderful. I can't wait to tell you about it!
p

Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like an amazing time. Can't wait to hear all about it! See you soon.

Hugs-

Jennifer

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's beautiful and so glad you had a great trip. I have missed you and am officially back from my "blog break."

Kelli

Blogger LisaShaw said...

I'm so glad you had a good time with your daughter and the ministry ladies. I enjoyed the photos as well.

I'm looking forward to some BEACH time soon.

God bless you Pat.

Blogger Melinda said...

Girl, I think about you all the time! Between your travels and my crazy in-betweenness (how'd ya like that new word??), I figured it was pointless to call! SO GLAD you've had such a great time on the road with your girl. Oh, how I would savor some time together to hear all about it!

Call me when you have some time...love you and MISS YOU!
Melinda

Blogger ~Amy~ said...

oh i can't wait til we take our family vacation in florida in just a month..... seeing all your pics makes me want to go now! I talked with Debbie H. from Project 517 in Louisiana last night for almost 2 hours. I found her on the net, called to get some contact info from her to get a training packet to her and I was truly blessed by her. she shared with me that she was just with you and Tricia in virginia and that ya'll told her of the upcoming training in Kirbyville and a week later she gets a call from me..... Crazy how God works.

Blogger On Purpose said...

Hello Pat-Thank you for blessing me with the opportunity to come and see your blog! What a treat! Praying for you this morning and knowing God is doing some GREAT BIG amazing things through the ministry He has blessed you with. Keep going out in His name!

Blogger Becca Christensen said...

I'm glad everything is going well for you and Jules. Miss you both. : ] Hurry back to us!

Love,
Becca

Sounds like a great time..

Just blog hopping tonight.

I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits