Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Mama Said ther'd be Days Like this, ther'd Be Days Like this Mama said!!!
That title made you sing didn't it!!!???  I am sitting at my computer serenading myself and thinking about watching "Father of the Bride".

Anyway......

I had an appointment this afternoon with a friend. As we were parting she reminded me that we had not seen one another since October!! That could not be right....could it???

The entire SEASON of Fall had passed---Thanksgiving, Christmas, A New Year, another Birthday!!! How fast the days go by.

When I realized earlier tonight that almost a week has passed since I said hello from "Sweet Tea" or spent some time visiting some of my favorite bloggers, my friend's comment rang true again. 

Note: I did not say "commented" on my favorite blogs. Most often I do just what you all do, I peek in the windows, enjoy hearing about your lives, the blessings, the photos and the recipes!!

I have spent my past few days working on coming days. 

I have 2 speaking privileges this weekend and my "baby girl' comes home from college to begin a summer of traveling WITH ME..Mama!!! Yeah!!

And speaking of MAMA....It is Mothers Day weekend.

I had BIG plans to kickoff a Celebration of Motherhood here on Sweet Tea by sponsoring a "BLOG CARNIVAL", I am told it would be called. The trouble is, well, time flew by!

In any case, I still wanted to share a bit of public praise and honor for my MOM!!



This is her, Christine Goldberg Shuman, on a trip to the mountains that she took with me and Honey last Fall. 

My Mom is an amazing woman and one of the few people who faithfully read my blog so I know she will see this!!

She was married to my Dad, who was her high school sweetheart, for over 50 years when he left us to be with Jesus six years ago!! 

The two of them gave birth to 4 daughters. ME FIRST!! I grew up being called their "oldest" daughter. I am still bitter about that! Just kidding, of course! My next younger sister is actually the same age as me for a month!! Now that is the sign of a "healthy" marriage!

My Mom is incredibly creative, wise, generous and gracious. She has always put her family above all else and still does today. She is a true Proverbs 31 Woman and is greatly admired and deeply loved.

She has owned several businesses of her own, made 4 matching dresses for every occasion while my sisters and I were little girls, always made my Dad feel like he was King of the hill, because he was to her. She has always been there for my sisters and me as well as all of our children and now children's children. 




This is her with her Granddaughters.

God has honored my Mom by having ALL OF US---Every single one---4 Daughters, 4 Son-in-Law's,  9 Grandchildren and I have lost count, Grandchildren's Children, ALL--right here next to her. 

Unbelievable in today's culture.

I WANT THAT!!!

We have most all Holidays together and celebrate life as a BIG CROWD on numerous special occasions.



She still believes in Santa Clause so he shows up at her house for a Christmas Eve party every year and has for as long as I can remember!

My Mom will be in the church when I speak this weekend, cheering me own and praying me out of telling "too much" or not enough!! Right after I am done, it will be my greatest Mothers Day honor to sit and have lunch with her!!



Time does fly but as busy as life gets, I pray that never miss telling her how much I love her, time and time again!!!

I love you Mom!

Psalm 127:4
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are DAUGHTER'S born in one's youth.



How about you??? I would love to peek into your blog window and hear about your Mom!




7 Comments:

Blogger Paula V said...

I am one of your followers too!!! I most usually comment but sometimes just peak.

You are funny...many things you said in this post.

I'M FIRST...claim that place, baby!

You are still bitter about being called the oldest. Ha. I bet is was nice when you were young though 7-8-9, 13-14-15. It would've been a bragging right then.

You're momma is amazing for sure and she can claim her Proverbs 31 stature.
Love,
P

You are travelING with your daughter...sounds like multiple events of traveling. How fun!

Blog carnival, I am told it would be called.

Blogger Pink said...

THANK YOU PAT!!!! Those words seem so small..but I mean them in a BIG way!!! Thank you for our time together today and for remembering me in prayer. I KNOW that God has BIG things in my future...and when He decides to show them to me, I will be ready!

Here is the verse that I am clinging to today:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Love ya Pat!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have a wonderful mother! She is my rock! She delights in family time and is concerned to a fault for each and every one of her followers! I have been blessed with the opportunity of working side by side with her while she embraced a passion...that was awesome! I miss that flower shop -the flowers were amazing and the people-contact is priceless -- some good and some bad -- but always interesting! but being there day by day for hours at a time I could really enjoy her. the conversation wasn't rushed. Mosst of our busy lives leave us only "touching base" with loved ones and not really communicating.

So, I too have an awesome mom -- and we happen to share the same one!

you're first, but I'M THE BABY!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! There is noway to describe the blessing you get from having 4 daughters!Keeping up with them and keeping the faith's not easy but you can tell it is worth it!!with the 4 of them and all they have added shower me with so much love it humbles me !Not a day goes by that I don't thank him for his grace. He has given me so many blessing. They are all so different and bring me so many blessing in there own way. Proud to be your Mama

Blogger Remodeling Guy said...

WOW! A post about my Mom AND my Grandma! Who wouldn't love that! I'm so SO SOOOOO blessed to have a wonderful Mom and an awesome Grandma! I love you both and wish you a happy Mother's Day!

Tim

Blogger LisaShaw said...

Hi Pat,

Your Mom is beautiful and I can tell she is resourceful and a strong woman. Awesome!!!

Thank you so much for visiting my Vlog (which wasn't hard at all) and for leaving a nice message.

I hope we can meet soon between Tampa and Orlando :)

Happy Mother's Day to you dear one.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama never dreamed there would be days and days like this !!!I have been fed and pampered for days by daughters son-in-laws-grand daughters&grandsons.BLESSINGS & more Love Mama

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits