Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
A Mothers Greatest Hour
I know, Mother's Day has officially passed. Some would think,
but not me.

The truth is that "Mother's Day" is any day that causes a mother think that somewhere, somehow amongst all the mistakes, all the bad days, all the feelings of insecurity or questioning, that somehow she must have done something VERY RIGHT as a Mom.

I seem to be enjoying a special season of watching my grown children as if from God's angle. Watching them live life in ways that make me incredibly proud to be their Mom.

I gushed last post over my daughter Julianna's precious prayer for a little girl this past weekend at church. It was such a blessing to watch her respond from the "abundance of her heart" and sweetly but powerfully pray for a sick child.

I thought it might be time to give equal "gushing" time to my boys.

One of my favorite things as the Mother of young men is to watch my sons be Dads. 

Oh my goodness. They are both AMAZING Dad's. 

They are tender and wise and very much involved in every part of the lives  of their children. They both have been blessed with amazing wives who love them, laugh with them and make beautiful homes with them.

Our youngest son, and middle child, Andy, has 3 little ones under 5. The youngest 2 are less than a year apart. They have their hands full but are doing a wonderful job. Andy is serving along side me on a day to day basis in full time ministry. It would take more than a single post to tell how THAT came to be. It was the last thing in all the world that I expected but has been an incredible blessing and a great honor. As Executive Director, he leads our Staff of close to 20 employees and is doing a marvelous job. My favorite moment of any time in the office is hearing Andy pray for his team as we serve God together. It makes me cry every time. His vision for LIFE and his commitment to God and family is a joy to watch.

Our firstborn, Tim, AKA Remodeling Guy, is a fireball of talent and creativity. He is always surprising us with his talent and passion. Tonight, when I stumbled over to his family blog, Foreverwhereever, I found this post.....

As I said in my comment to Tim, 

my cup runneth over!!!

Is 59:21
 21 "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

Do come back on Friday. I'll be serving SWEET TEA from a Savannah B&B!


4 Comments:

Blogger Remodeling Guy said...

Awwww Shucks Mom! That's sooooo sweeeet!

:-)

Blogger Becca Christensen said...

I loved hearing you speak on Mother's Day. And you have raised 3 amazing children - even though I only actually know 2 of them.

Love,
Becca

Blogger Pat said...

So glad you liked it Remodeling Guy!

Becca---You are SOO cute!!!!Thank you for saying hello!
Pat

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Just thinking about my grown boys praying makes me cry! What great kids you have!!

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits