Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Those Wonderful Weekends!
We have just slipped through yet another fly by weekend. 

I have long ago given up trying to figure out where the moments go or how I might somehow capture them in my mind for retrieval when I have time to really savor them. 

The best that I can hope is that somehow they will be recorded somewhere on my MacBook.

I take billions of pictures of every little thing as if by cramming precious time onto a tiny disk, I might somehow keep it in my possession. 

This weekend had some of those moments.

Saturday morning at 6am started us off with our ministry "Walk for Life" captured here at "Billy's Captures" by our awesome ministry friend and REAL photographer, Billy Waller. 

Billy is computer brainy enough to even share the precious story shared by a ministry client. She came oh so close to making a memory that would take a lifetime to forget. Instead, she made a choice that will take a lifetime to thank God for. I invite you to listen. You will be touched as we all were.

Honey and I spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out and ended the day sitting in rockers...........



watching cardinals and doing nothing!!



After church on Sunday my wonderful man made the spontaneous offer to to take drive to the beach.



"Spontaneous" is not an everyday word for my Honey. I did not give him time to think about it too much before I had two beach towels, two books and two bottled waters in the car....



And of course, my camera, just so I would not forget a moment.....



"I pick up my sisal bag. The sand sifts softly under my feet.....



..........The time for reflection is almost over." 
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
"Gift From The Sea" 
An answer to the conflicts in our lives



4 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Oh...how did the walk go?? I've been thinking about you all day! So glad you and Honey were able to slip away for some time at the beach. And I love "Gifts from the Sea". Love YOU.

XO Melinda

P.S. Wrote about the brooms today. :o)

Blogger ~Amy~ said...

Oh I can't wait to sink my toes into the white sandy beaches of Florida this summer. My grandparents have a family cabin on Inlet Beach just outside of Sand Destin. I love it there, and have many, many memories on that beach...... Aw thanks for the visual with your pictures.

Blogger Pat said...

Melinda,
The WALK was a blast and a very sweet success for the ministry.
Did you listen to the testimony??
love to you!

Amy....
I have never been to that area but I have heard great things about it. I will be watching your blog for memories!

Blogger Runner Mom said...

SO glad that you all had a wonderful weekend. We had a ladies retreat at the beach, and God was simply amazing! Love your pictures!!

Hugs,
Susan

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits