Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Days of Delight
Early this year I shared the verse of scripture that I felt God had given me for 2009. I have it on my refrigerator and in my prayer journal but more importantly, I have it engraved upon my heart.

Ps 37:23
The Lord Directs the steps of the Godly, He Delights in every Detail of their lives.



Honestly sometimes I wonder if God's word could possibly get any richer, any more comforting, any more promising. I love knowing that God directs my steps as I yield my life to Him. As I intentionally offer it over to Him, I can depend upon His leading my way.

I have just completed 4 amazing speaking engagements. I was so drained by Sunday afternoon that, after a wonderful Mothers Day Brunch with my own Mom, I came home and slept for 3 hours. 

God showed up at each event in a BIG way!! Each time was different. 

My sweet Julianna prayed for a young girl at our last church service who had been born premature like her but was suffering some serious physical issues. I stood back and cried as I watched Julianna go to work! I was so blessed by her gentle prayers. The little girl also cried as Julianna prayed for her.

As I have "recovered" and rested in God's Goodness. I have been thinking so much about all of people that I prayed with over the weekend. I remembered that God was just as DELIGHTED watching ME, HIS daughter pray, as I was at watching my daughter pray!!!

Most of those I prayed for were in great need of remembering and being encouraged in that very truth!!

So many stories of sickness, disease, enemy activity.
A 12 year old son at home under hospice care.
A husband who left for another woman after 30 years of marriage.
A prodigal child.
Lost Jobs. Lost Hope.

It is so unusual for me to have someone come up and say "Pat, will you pray with me, God is doing amazing things in my life!!". I love it when it does happen but unfortunately, it is rare.

I long to see the day when all of God's people are walking in victory. I long to see the enemy of our lives be put in his final resting place. No longer able to stir the heartbreak and the tears that he ignites in the lives of the Godly. 

I also long for the days when the people of God truly know His Word and can claim it for all it os worth!!! 
We need to Know His Promises!!! 
We need to Walk in His Truth and stop listening to the voice of the liar! The one who has only one agenda, that of stealing our Days of Delight!

I am reminded this morning to keep my hope in God and keep on praying!!

Julianna and I begin packing today. She will be traveling with me all Summer!! 
What a treat!

Expect Sunflowers! I do!!



I hope to see some of you at one of our stops and have a chance to pray with you!!

Check out my Speaking Tab for locations and send me an email if you can come!!

We will be in Virginia, California, Denver, North Carolina and Wisconsin!!!!!

Surely, you are close to one of those! Let me know!
 


6 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Oh how I long for some hours of uninterrupted conversation! It was a delight for ME to read all of this and know in advance that God is going to knock your socks off this summer!

Enjoy every bloomin' minute of it!

I love you Pat.
Melinda

Blogger TRUTH SHARER said...

God is taking you where He wants you to go! Keep sharing the TRUTH of His Word. Keep praying and caring for those you meet. It's one-on-one - just like JESUS did!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worhship]

Blogger Leah Adams said...

Pat,

Thank you for your wonderful comment over at The Point. "Doing it afraid" is a great phrase. I will definitely use it again.

This fear thing is so new to me. Truly, I am not trying to brag or sound prideful but I've just never battled fear until I stepped into ministry. I know it makes perfect sense--a tactic of the enemy. I so desire to walk in victory and I know that the Lord and I CAN walk in victory over it.

God bless you as you minister this summer. I'm off to check out your speaking schedule...would love to hear you.

Leah

Blogger Yolanda said...

Pat,

I just prayed this morning for cancer to cease. Simply, cease. God can do it, He is a big God. I also just put to memory a verse that is so encouraging me:

God told them, "I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love and more love!" Jeremiah 31:3 MSG

I wonder and ponder...how often do we expect good? Perhaps not enough!!!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Blogger Beth Herring said...

Praise Him for His wonderful Mercy and Grace! I am glad that you had a great time and got some much needed rest.

Looking forward to journeying with you.

Beth

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Hey, Pat! Wow! You've been busy!So glad that your Mother's Day was great!Naps are wonderful.

This post was amazing! Thank you!!
Hugs,
Susan

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits