Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
God is Good--All the Time!
The Goodness of God has been fixed on my heart for the past few days.

My desire is to always be thanking God and praising Him for who He is, for the blessings that He pours out, for His love and for His Grace!!
 
But lately, I have had such a sense of His GOODNESS.

Tough, tough times seems to be BIGGER than normal around us these days. They are certainly on the lips of most people, in the headlines and on the news every day. It is easy to get focused on things that seem so big, so bad so hopeless. 

I have many situations very close to my own life with friends and family that are extremely difficult and seem to be pulling faith strings tighter than ever.

Just a few of the ones on my prayer list right now are:

A dear friend who is on an airplane today headed towards having a mastectomy. Her 3 children remain at home wondering what is going to happen to their Mom.

Another friend whose husband just lost his job after having just been through 2 years of unemployment. Just last year they sold everything they had, left their children and grandchildren in another state to move to Florida for work. His employers walked in last week and said--"see you later".

Another friend is lying in a hospital here in Tampa, away from her home, friends and family in another state, after having to have emergency surgery while here on a weekend getaway.

I am certain that your list is equally serious. I have been reading about them.

In spite of that, in spite of those circumstances, my heart is filled with the knowledge of the GOODNESS of God. My heart is fixed on who He is and What He promises.

The Lord is my Shepherd*

He is Adonai Yahweh:Sovereign Lord


I Shall not want*

He is El Hakkadosh: Holy God



He makes me to lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul*

He is Melek Ha-Goyim: King of the Nations


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me, your rod and your staff comfort me. *

He is El Gadol Ve-Nora: Great and Awesome God



You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil and my cup runneth over. *

He is Avi: Father



Surely GOODNESS and MERCY shall follow me all the days of my life *

He is Yahweh Raah: the Lord my shepherd



And I Will dwell in the house of the Lord forever* Psalm 23


If you could use a reminder of who God is, I recommend Mary Kassian's "Knowing God by Name" Bible Study. 
It will get your GOODNESS juices flowing!!


2 Comments:

Blogger KK said...

He is Good indeed! There is much to be thankful for and to praise Him for in our lives.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mom!

GREAT GREAT Post! The Names of God is one of my favorite studies and I've done it over and over...I wish I could remember more!

Beautiful pictures too!

Love you!

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits