Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
If the Shoe (or Jeans) fits...wear them!
A post of my sweet little sister, Lysa Terkeurst a few days ago made me laugh! 

She was talking about the SIZE battle that us girls go through that leads us to wear clothes are are too small, just so that we can claim a size that feels acceptable to us! 

She hit the nail on the head with this one!!

I have gone through this battle myself as well as with my daughter who was mortified when she moved from a size 2 to a size 4! 

It is funny, my boys were the opposite, they always wanted to wear sizes BIGGER than they really needed!

While reading Lysa's story I was reminded of a post that I meant to do at Christmas time and forgot, or got too busy to finish! One or the other. (I have admitted how I tend to "blast" through life if I am not careful.)

Lysa's post said these words:
"Why do I care what size my pants are?
It's not like the size is printed in a place for people to see. Only I have privy to such knowledge."


Well, sweet little sister, that is not ALWAYS true.

The post that I was going to share during Christmas was the story of the day that THIS happened to me!!


I had bought a new pair of  jeans and had even had them hemmed, for goodness sakes!!

One day during a Holiday shopping mission, I slipped into my jeans and headed to the Mall. 

I shopped all day, met a "girlfriend" for lunch (I use that term loosely after what happened--you know who you are sister!!) then continued with my Christmas list. When I returned home that night and was standing at the kitchen sink preparing dinner, my honey walked in and noticed my little jeans sticker. (Don't even get me going about how or why HE immediately noticed this)...Anyhoooo...

Everyone in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!! saw my jeans size that day. The only GOOD part of this story is that the event took place BEFORE my Christmas Holiday s-p-r-e-a-d, and my size was at least in my "presentable" range. Today however, these jeans are in the consignment shop!!

Along those same lines, I have had a similar battle with SHOES!! 


I have just recently broken down and gotten a half size larger shoe just so that I can continue WALKING!!!

Sorry ladies, you know that I am all about "Surrendering Secrets" but everything has a limit!!


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you just put a picture of your rear on the internet?

I was just about to send your blog to someone...NOW what should I do?

This is my Mom, and that's her butt.

What am I going to do with you?

Blogger Pat said...

Oh my...that NEVER occurred to me!
Sorry honey, however, that is not REALLY a "bottom", it is the side of a leg! It would take a good bit more photo space for anything more.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mom! Thanks for the clarification! I was thinking after I left that comment that it might could have used a few little smiley guys. :-) :-)

Blogger Pat said...

no worries, I can see your smile from miles away!!

Blogger KK said...

Oh, that's just awful wearing that tag all day! I remember going to the doctor for an adjustment...you know where you lay on your stomach and he pops your back? Well after my appointment I realized I still had that very large tag dangling from the back of my new pants. I could have just died!

Too funny, thanks for sharing!

Too funny! I posted a few months back about wearing two different shoe shopping with my daughter. I was so humilitated (her more than I when we realized it). And to top it off, we didn't realized it until our last shop--no doubt!!

Blessings.

In his Graces~Pamela

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so funny! I'm so glad that hasn't happened to me...yet! The boys have this problem all the time. They really don't pay too much attention to what they're wearing and just don't notice!

I don't want to talk about shoe sizes getting bigger!

-Kim

Blogger Melinda said...

That's hysterical!

Oh, and it's a total hip shot, so don't take Tim's "bum" rap!! :o)

XO Melinda

Blogger Paula V said...

Oh, Pat. How awful...not that people see your TINY size but I can imagine me doing this and getting a HUGE belly laugh at myself. And just which of your girlfriends did you have lunch with? I mean, maybe we need to have a little talk with her? She should from now on make sure she looks at your tushy to examine for said sticky labels with numbers.

I would love to had been a fly on the wall when hubby told you about said embarrassing sticky label.

Blogger Paula V said...

I love your son's comment...
this is my mom and this is her butt.

BTW, your butt is SMALL...nothing of which to find shame. I mean your side leg is small.

Blogger Tammy said...

Too Funny!

My worry is having toilet paper stuck to the bottom of my shoe,yes done that or my dress tucked in to my pantyhose.

Now,in the shoe dept.I refuse to acknowledge that my feet hurt. :)

Blogger Teresa said...

Heehee that is so funny!
and so was your son's comment!!
Blessings!
Teresa
ps: cute jeans!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I went to work one day with a similar tag on the front of my shirt! (It was a busy morning ok?!) Thankfully my co-worker caught it pretty quickly. :)

Blogger LisaShaw said...

That was funny I think (smile). It's amazing no one told you all day. Hopefully everyone was so busy with shopping for Christmas that they never looked down other than to grab sales up!

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits