Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Marvelous Monday!!

Happy Monday Morning Bloggy friends. I thought I would share some of my morning journal with you today. My hope is that it will bless you, stir your thanksgiving juices if they have not yet been stirred yet today and to simply share my overflowing Love of Jesus with you !!!

Good Morning Lord,
Thank you for a brand new day!! 
You are an amazing God. Your goodness is fresh in my heart today. 
Your mercy overwhelms me and your love melts my every stress.

When I reflect on my daily weaknesses--my fears, my selfish ambition, my short temper, my grumbling and complaining--instead of your rebuke, I am surrounded and embraced by your complete kindness and grace.


Somehow, it makes me think of my youngest G-baby when she wakes up from her nap with a big beautiful grin on her face when I come to get her. It's like that smile was just waiting, while she slept, to pop out again the first chance it has. That is how you are Lord, although you never nap:), you are always just waiting for us to come to you so that you can smile upon us, bless us, and reach out for us.

Your Words in Psalm 139 reminds:

Where can I go from your Spirit, where can I flee from your presence..
If I go to the Heaven, you are there


If I go to the depths, you are there


If I rise on the wings of the dawn, If I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,


Your right hand will hold me fast.

Father God, it is so good to know that we are always in your sights. You are the God of details, the God of direction, the God of divine attention. You have all the answers. All the healing. All the provision. All the blessings. All of the hope.
Fill me today Lord, with ALL that you have for me. Fill me with your character, your love, your purpose.

I praise your name Holy God and lay my day before you.


Bless you friends,

(ps...my G-girl and I did not PLAN to match that day, we just happen to have the same taste!)




11 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for turning my thoughts toward, well...thanks! :o)

P.S. That g-baby is precious!

Blogger LisaShaw said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!

What a beautiful baby girl! Awesome photos and I was completely drawn in to what you wrote. Holy is our GOD and worthy is He to receive our worship, praise, thanksgiving, adoration and LOVE.

Thank you for sharing your heart for HIM.

Blogger KK said...

Ahhh, that was so peaceful, thank you for sharing that with us today.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mom -
You look pretty happy holding Baby Bella! And she looks pretty happy being held!

Loved your journal entry. Makes me feel good knowing that you're in that prayer chair praying for me and my crew every day!

Great pictures too! Did you get all of those? The sunset one is fabulous!

Tim

Blogger Pat said...

Melinda,
I am blessed that you were blessed! Thank you for your faithful visits.
At least we can count on BLOG COFFEE!! Right!?

Lisa,
We need to meet, we live so close to one another and I can tell we have very close hearts!!
Bless you!

Karla,
PEACE!! One of life's sweetest words!


My favorite firstborn,
You can bank on that fact!!!
Yes, I took all the photos. Just call me....?????..umm..Who is a great photographer?? Insert that name here!!

Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing. I really needed that. It has been one roller coaster of a week and I needed the reminder that God is there, in the depths with me.

Blessings to you-

Jennifer

Blogger Paula V said...

Beautiful prayer. When you spoke how your precious g-baby wakes to you, I'm sure God loves to be greeted like that by us when we wake. Unfortunately, I do good just to wake. I try to mumble the words in my half sleep state as I crawl from bed "may you increase and I decrease today Lord". I interchange that at times with "May I love you more today." Just to try to mumble a sentence of prayer to wake my soul.

Your g-baby is a cutie. If you didn't plan to match that day, certainly you did buy the outfits together, right? Sure that is not an accident totally.

Your pictures are beautiful. I love the pic of the sun. Gorgeous.

Blogger Pat said...

I absolutely promise....I did not BUY it with her, nor did we plan to wear the same thing.
We simply met at the Mall, her parents drove her of course, and discovered that we matched!
No kidding.
It was just both of our day to be a bit "noticed" which of course everyone at the Mall did!
p

Blogger Ginger said...

Hi Pat,

Precious picture! Thank you for sharing those words of wisdom that I really needed to hear today.

Blessings,
Ginger

Blogger ~Amy~ said...

now that was just what I needed to hear Pat. Your words really speak to my heart right now. I am getting so excited to see what the Lord has instore this weekend at the conference and Monday at the training. I can't wait to meet you.

Blogger Tawny said...

Thanks for sharing your journal Pat, that was wonderful!

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits