Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Blessed is She!
"Blessed is she who believes what the Lord has said will be accomplished"
Luke 1:45

I am posting from New Braunfels, Texas. It is about a 30minute drive from here to San Antonio. The weather has been VERYYYY COLD, which only matters to me because I chose to leave my ADORABLE new Sky Blue coat AT HOME because of what weather.com told me about what the weather was going to be like. Shame on them!

Coat or no coat, this event has gone down in my prayer journal as one of the coolest ministry times I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. I know I have said that MANY times but honestly, it just gets better and better!

I served as a keynote speaker at the Southern Baptist of Texas Woman's' Conference. State Leader, EXTRAORDINAIRE, Shirley Moses invited me. I was, am, and will forever be, humbled by her invitation and overwhelmingly grateful for the blessing.

We were all challenged and enriched by time of praise and worship and some fabulous teaching by Kelly Mintor on Friday night, followed by some amazing workshops. It was a late night but FULL, FULL, FULL. Topped off by a spontaneous trip to Sonic!

My keynote followed praise and worship on Saturday morning and was out of the book of Ruth, called "Four Steps into Your Next Blessing!". 

The sweet smiles and tangible feelings of love and grace that rose up from the 450 women who attended just about blew me away. Their kindness continued when at BIG bunch of them returned for my workshop later in the afternoon.

The BIG DEAL about this is that my workshop was called "The Mission Field of Abortion".

When I first started giving this workshop 3 years ago, I was lucky to have a handful of women. I mean let's get real here. If you are the 1 out of 3 women who have had a past abortion, like I am, this workshop does not sound like a fun way to spend your getaway weekend with the girls.

If you have NEVER had an abortion, you may not really relate to the need to attend this workshop, nor understand what it has to do with you. There are always MANY other wonderful and exciting workshops that most women would much rather attend. I fully understand!

I have seen and felt God doing a great work around this truth over the past year or so but yesterday knocked me to my knees. 

Somewhere around 150 women choose my workshop for their afternoon!!! Women who have had abortions and women who have not but just CARE about the pain and destruction caused by abortion our Nation and around the world!!!

I still have tears as I think of it.



My heart is full to overflow at the goodness of God as I continue my 22 year journey of being a voice in the church about this critical life and death issue. 

If you came to the workshop...I LOVE YOU!!!!! 

I am thrilled to have so many new sisters by my side. 

Tomorrow, I will doing an all day training at Oakwood Baptist Church for those who feel called to offer "Surrendering the Secret" Post Abortion Healing in their churches and pregnancy care centers. Several of the women who attended the workshop yesterday have signed up at the last minute. They made a way in their day, to attend.

Today is a day of REST and Praise.

I an FULLY COMMITTED to both!


8 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

My prayer for you is that God continues to use you in a mighty way in this ministry.

love,
Tammy

Blogger KK said...

Wow, what a powerful weekend! How wonderful to be able to share God's healing love with so many hurting women as well as with those who desire to minister in this area.

Yes, there is much to praise Him for! God bless you as you continue to go out and proclaim His goodness.

Blogger Remodeling Guy said...

Great post Mom! Keep up the good work, and travel safe. Love, Tim

Blogger Teresa said...

Praise Him! for such a great conference!
I will pray for you today...the Jesus will pour from you and in the process you yourself will be renewed!

Blessings!
Teresa

Blogger LisaShaw said...

May GOD be glorified in all that you say and do.

Love ya!

Blogger Jennifer said...

He is truly AMAZING! Just left AWP here in Tampa and I am just in awe of God. I have learned so much already and the women there are just fantastic. You are a treasure Pat. What you do is a tremendous blessing! May God continue to work through you!!

Love, Jennifer

I am starting Surrendering the Secret tonight!!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this group!

Blogger Melinda said...

Praise God! What an AWESOME turn out! Can't wait to hear more! My weekend was pretty amazing itself! Remind me to tell you about a STS moment.

Coffee, anyone?

Blogger Meagan said...

I was able to attend the women's forum in New Braunfels. Your session was wonderful, I came back and immediately told my pastor about it. Our church just began teaming up with a local pregnancy center. After your session I just kept thinking "what a wonderful opportunity and what a great God." Thanks so much for speaking. May God bless your ministry.

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits