Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Ready to Serve my California Sisters
Greetings Surrendered Sisters!
I am in HOT, HOT, HOT Modesto, California. 
The temp is expected to hit 110-115 degrees today!
We often complain in Tampa about the humidity that comes with our southern/tropical heat. Trust me, sometimes humidity is good! It allows moisture in the lungs and NOSE! A very important fact when your lungs are used to receiving a little bit of liquid upon breaths.
My honey flew out from San Francisco vacation last Wednesday to head back to Florida.
He left me and my daughter Julianna in California. 
J and I drove from San Francisco to Stockton, California where we joined the Lifeway Women's Ministry team for a "Fully Loaded" Woman's training event. It was great fun to be with the Lifeway team again and to see so many of my California friends made at past events!!! 
One of the COOLEST parts of "Fully Loaded" was hearing from my darling little sister in ministry, Kelly Minter and to be led in worshiping God with my sweet California sisters in Christ by none other than Travis Cottrell!!

WOW!! 
If you have not heard about these two please check out their websites.
After Fully Loaded was completed we went back to our hotel for a nap and had the treat of watching a Bible teacher you all may have heard of by the name of Beth Mooore , play a little wiffle ball on the hotel lawn with her band and ministry team. That was cool!
Did anyone get a picture, my camera battery was dead?
Later Friday evening (after she lost the ball game!) Beth brought it as usual, launching her teaching from Revelation 19. The title for the message was "The 7 steps from Bridezilla to Bride". I loved it and was challenged, as usual, to consider every day a bit closer to the "Wedding" of all weddings. The great day that we see our "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" breaking through the clouds riding on a white horse to claim us a His Bride, once and for all!!
In the meantime, we all must apprehend that for which we have been apprehended! (Phil 3:12)
One of the things that I have been "apprehended" to do is to minister God's healing love to those who have been devastated by abortion and to help equip others who want to do the same.
That is what I am doing in Modesto!
Julianna and I left FULL of the great things that happened in Stockton, and headed south to Modesto. We are enjoying a day of rest today (she is sleeping as I blog!). 
 
Tomorrow I am privileged to serve a group of 20 or so ladies whose desire is the same as mine.
I can not wait to pray with them, hug on them, serve them, learn from them and just generally dwell in God's sweet presence together with them!
If you have not registered and live anywhere near this HOT TOWN, please come on over!! 
Otherwise, I would be so very grateful if you would just stop at the end of this post and say a little prayer for me, for us, for what God is doing with and through STS. 
I am humbled and amazed and my eyes fill with tears of gratitude as I write.
He truly is the Bridegroom and we are His pure and spotless Bride. 
As Revelation 19:1 says
HALLELUJAH!!! Salvation, glory and power belong to our God!


5 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Praying right now for God's wondrous works to be MANY and MIGHTY. My, what a time you've had!

Love you,
Melinda

Blogger KK said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I would have loved to see Beth Moore play wiffle ball - how fun! Not to mention great teaching and music.

Praying your time in California will be healing for all who attend.

Blogger Cheri said...

Two years ago our (Army) Protestant Women of the Chapel (International) theme was Prepare for the Bridegroom. Until then, I never understood... Now I do.

We serve an incredible God, don't we!

Always enjoy your posts. Sounds like a fun time..

Blogger Terriann said...

Hi Pat, it was so good to see you again. I learned so much and was truly blessed by this conference. It was a long weekend but I know I left changed and with a clearer view of my God! Cindy and Michelle got so much from your class, Thank-you for being faithful to what God has called you to do. Terriann from Crossroads Grass Valley

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits