Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Fresh Word Friday!
Do you want to be SET FREE???

Hook on to today's Fresh Word: Glory!!!

Glory:
–noun
1.very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; renown: to win glory on the field of battle.
2.something that is a source of honor, fame, or admiration; a distinguished ornament or an object of pride: a sonnet that is one of the glories of English poetry.
3.adoring praise or worshipful thanksgiving: Give glory to God.
4.resplendent beauty or magnificence: the glory of autumn.
5.a state of great splendor, magnificence, or prosperity.
6.a state of absolute happiness, gratification, contentment, etc.: She was in her glory when her horse won the Derby.
7.the splendor and bliss of heaven; heaven.

a ring, circle, or surrounding radiance of light represented about the head or the whole figure of a sacred person, as Christ or a saint; a halo, nimbus, or aureole.

Glory is one of my favorite words. It just makes me smile to hear it, see it, read it, experience it!!

So many of the words used in this definition would qualify for it's own Friday. Words like: Honor, Praise, Splendor, Magnificence!

I just met a couple of precious young women last weekend who sponsor a conference for small groups of women called Glory Quest!! (Quest is another great word isn't it) As they described the weekend journey that they lead women through, my heart was in my throat. Seeing women encounter the Glory of God and embrace His Redemptive healing, restoration and destiny is one of the greatest pleasures of my life.

When I did a Bible search for the word Glory, I got 282 results. Reading each one does a big thing in my heart.


Exodus 15:11
"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ? Who is like you— majestic in holiness, awesome in
glory, working wonders?

Try it and just see if you can stay discouraged, sad, depressed, confused, weak, afraid, insecure, unsure.

I am sitting in the Tampa Airport as I write this post, heading across the big blue Gulf of Mexico to Houston,Tx. I can't wait to see the sky today from a little closer to heaven. That in itself is a miracle for me. I have always hated to fly. In fact, it was one of 2 things I told God (LOL!) that I would not do when He called me into ministry. Fly and and speak in front of people!!! I have struggled so much with flying over the past 2 years, sometimes to the point of tears running down my cheeks as I look out the window of an airplane. I, along with a lot of precious family and friends, have asked God to cure my airsickness and resulting silent freak outs.

He has said YES!!!

Over the past few months I have discovered more and more peace in the air. God is good! He is able. He is Holy and Personal!! One of the results of His saying Yes to this is that I get to ENJOY flying!! I actually love to look about the airplane window and see the clouds and the mountains from the air. To see rainbows in the sky and sunsets drop through layers of color. A few flights ago, God showed me a field of Sunflowers!!

His Glory is tangible and visible and real!!!

What is there without Him??

Gotta go get on an airplane now and see His Glory from the sky!!




2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Love seeing His glory from an airplane window. Have a wonderful trip. Maybe we can catch up when you get back!!

Hugs-

Jennifer

Blogger Pink said...

Hi, I have followed your blog for awhile now. I am just here to remind you that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and as a survivor, I am just going to all the blogs that I read to remind you to do your self breast exams. Have a great blessed day and DONT FORGET TO CHECK YOUR BREAST! Visit my blog for a Breast Cancer giveaway.

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits