Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Sunrise....Sunset....Sunrise.....Sunset.....
I am sitting in my prayer chair enjoying the final twinkles of my Christmas tree lights. They MIGHT make it until New Years Day if they are lucky. I tend to be one who is just as ready to get all this STUFF put away as I was to bring it all out of the attic. It somehow goes from beautiful, wonderful and fun, to messy, very quickly.

I have been strolling around blog world seeing who all is BACK! I loved reading about many sweet moments and memories that were made.

Another Christmas has come and gone. It is so amazing to me how quickly they do! 

As much as I love celebrating Christmas, I love this week just as much. 

This week between the year that was and the year that is coming. 

It is a great time to consider all that God has done and prepare for what He has next. He always has GOOD things planned. Always!!

Tonight, as I soaked in a bubble bath, a gift from one of my sisters, that song from "Fiddler on the Roof" popped into my head and I started signing, humming and whistling the tune. I sing in the shower and in the bathtub. I hum and whistle CONSTANTLY but I only SING in the most private places. Accept worship. Then I sing Big and Bold because I know that God LOVES my voice.

I get songs in my head from who knows where and they just start playing, over and over and over in my mind.

Tonight, it was Sunrise, Sunset.

Maybe it was the process of moving into a new ministry office today after having moved out of the beloved building that I designed and enjoyed the privilege of watching be built.
The place where I have lived for the past 10 years of my ministry life.
We sold it. We actually moved the week before Christmas. Do you believe that?
How crazy!

It was a good thing.
We have moved our pregnancy resource center right next to an abortion clinic so that women will have an opportunity to choose us. Choose Life. Choose God.They are doing just that. Last month 36 women came to us instead of going through with their planned abortion.
36 lives saved in one month! Thank you Lord!!
It is well worth a building. Well worth the memories. Well worth the work!

Anyway, maybe it was that. Maybe it was creating new file folders that say 2009. Maybe it was filling out new calendars. Transferring birthday reminders from one to another with a little notes in parenthesis reminding me how old my kids and my "G's" are turning, how many anniversaries have passed, how old my dogs are, for goodness sakes!!!

The truth is I LOVE a New Year. I am always excited about new calendars and new resolutions. It does however, make me think about how quickly time goes. How precious it is.

Maybe that is what made me think about Sunrise, and Sunset.

So, I wandered into my living room with my glass of sweet tea (really!) and started checking in on my blog friends, all the while humming that song. I didn't know all the words, of course, so I decide to check out You Tube to see what I could find. The next thing I knew I was cracking up. Laughing so hard I just about....well you know. I have had a few of those wonderful moments over the past few days. Those laugh your head off moments. One happened on Christmas Day when I raised my newest G-Girl up over my head and was making her giggle so hard that she spit up---right into my mouth. I started laughing so hard I could not regain myself. Everyone did, as you might imagine.

Don't you love to do that!! (Not the spit-up in your mouth part but the laughing part)

Anyway, I found some HYSTERICAL "You Tube" Videos of "Sunrise-Sunset", most of them done by Great Aunts at weddings that would have been better left un recorded.

I chose this one to share with you. I just love the lady in green up front. She is so cute as she "Directs" this sweet group of ladies.

I guess now that I have listened to 25 videos of this song, it will be DAYS before I quit singing it. Maybe Years.
My daughter Julianna is sitting in the next room and says "Ditto" for her too!! (Was this the little girl I carried??)

Sunrise..Sunset...
Swiftly flow the years..
One Season following Another..
Laden with Happiness and Tears.

Enjoy!




3 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

You and I are alike a so many levels:

1) Taking down Christmas - once it's done, it's DONE.
2) Relishing a new year - LOVE a new planner, a new calendar, a full year packed with nothing but opportunity.
3) A long soak in a hot bath - every single night of my life.
4) Women's Ensembles that sing old movie scores at nursing homes - okay, maybe not that one. :o)

Loved hearing about all those lives saved! 36!! Isn't our God something?

Looking forward to what God has in store in 2009, girl - Love you!
Melinda

Blogger Tammy said...

Too funny!
I always start out being so organized but then something happens about half thru the year:)

I'm looking forward to 2009 and being a apart of God's Story.

Love and Blessings,
Tammy

Blogger Cheri said...

Honestly - I LOVE that song. Maybe because of the memories associated with it. Fiddler on the Roof was one of the first High School theater productions I worked on and I had such a terrific time!

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits