Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
It Is Finally Fall at the Layton Home



A few weeks back I was lamenting my lack of time to bring a little feeling of Fall into my home.
I finally grabbed a few hours last weekend to drag some things from my attic and place them around my house before my daughter came home for fall break.

It paid off, when she walked in the font door with her roommate the roommate "oohhed and aawwed" and said "your home feels so good!"
My daughter beamed and so did I.

That makes it all worth it doesn't it, when someone gets pleasure from your home or garden. When someone feels the presence of God in the work of your hands, the time that you take to make it pretty. My family has always loved my holiday decorating. They don't love getting things in and out of the attic but they love the results!!



The colors of my home do not "Fall" into the common colors of the season so I have to do a bit of extra creative thinking. I have all white furniture with blue accents in my family room and kitchen and purple and green in my living room/dining area.

Not even CLOSE to orange, brown, gold, ect...But hey, I am NOT Martha Stewart!!



This year I decided to pull my purple right out the front door.


These purple Mums actually traveled home with me from the mountains and may or may not last until Christmas. They are fun for now!

Weekend Blessings!!








14 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Your decorations are beauitful.

When I think of decorating I start to break out in a sweat,not every good at it. :)

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Blogger Melinda said...

Looks lovely! Enjoy your little visitors this evening. :o)

XO Melinda

Blogger Paula V said...

BEautiful. What is it about fall decorations that make a home feel so homey? It does though.

I love your purple and lilac mums. GOR-GEE-US!

Thanks for sharing your beauty and the light. :-)

Thanks for your EXTREMELY sweet comment on my blog. Boy, did it ever warm my heart and give me a touch of love that I so needed today.

Love,
Paula

Blogger Cheri said...

I LOVE the purple flower bed. I'm not a yellow/orange flowers kinda gal, so sometimes it's a challenge decorating in the fall.

We attended the fall festival at my son's school this year. Moving so much, it makes me a little sad that events like that aren't the incredible bonding/getting caught up with everyone time it was in the small town I grew up in.

On the other hand, we've "done" fall celebrations all over the world!

Love your decorations! I'm not one that has the "decorating" gift, so my only decorations right now are a Fall flag (outside) and a small table top for the center of the table....that's it! Oh! and a pumpkin that my daughter bought (and it's here in the kitchen floor!)

Blogger Pat said...

Tammy,
Thank you. i do not really consider myself much of a decorator either but I do love to try!
Bless you!

Blogger Pat said...

Melinda,

Note I made a few "Edits" on my post regarding our plans for the night. I realized after I wrote my post that someone might be offended.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an "edit" option for our mouths! Mine anyway!!

Have a great weekend!

Blogger Pat said...

Beth, Cheri and Paula..
You are so kind to visit and say Hi!
You ladies all bless my heart!!

Blogger Angela Baylis said...

You are SO talented! I'm not sure I can be friends with you... just kidding! Hopefully you'll teach me something about decorating. I actually made soup yesterday and the smell was so homey! I love that feeling. Now that the kids are out of the house it's hard to muster up the desire to cook! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be back soon!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Blogger Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Hi Pat,

These decorations are gorgeous! I love the colors and your yard is so pretty! I always tell people that I don't grow plants, I grow kids! LOL!

Sonya

Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh, I just love fall! My home doesn't have many decorations to show for it :), but I do love it! Your decorations are so lovely!

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and leaving me such an encouraging comment! I was so blessed!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Kimberly

Blogger The Via Colony said...

I absolutely LOVE fall. I love the weather, the smells, the colors, the decorations...Everything about it. Glad you found some time to bring fall to your cozy house=)

Blogger Marsha said...

I knew being in NC would get to you! This weekend, the color finally peaked. It's been an absolutely gorgeous weekend.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful...thanks for sharing!

P.S. Thanks for the book. I love it!

Kelli

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits