Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
A Season for Reflection
I am sitting in my prayer chair for the first time since September 30th!! 
That is 21 days!! 

As has been photographically recorded here at "Sweet Tea", I have spent the past couple of weeks wallowing in the wonder of God's Fall Festival, which my honey and I found to be absolutely spectacular, in the mountains of North Carolina. 

This was definitely the longest that I have ever been away from home (not to mention my children and my G's!!--I was having absolute withdrawals and still am for a few of them!)

In spite of the amazing time that we had, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of peace when I walked into my home on Thursday night. 

I love getaways and I LOVE coming home!!

As I have transitioned back into my everyday life, I am possibly as rested as I have ever been in my entire life (considering the limitations of rest at my age of course). I feel as if my brain has been "de linted" kind of like a dryer vent! 
It feels so good!

But, more important than that.......

My heart has been fully prepared to enter the season that God has established in my life for Reflection.

As I was heading to my chair this morning I grabbed a devotional book by Charles Swindoll called "Seasons of Life". He nailed my jumbled thoughts beautifully in his "Autumn" chapter. 

I have come to understand that life, my life anyway, has "seasons", not only physical but mental and spiritual seasons, that I can pretty much count on. 

They do not always look the same. Some of the same seasons can, from year to year, look very different.

We heard over and over while in the mountains "this year is showing a fast "peak" because of the rainfall and the unusual warmth. It was true. We literally watched the leaves change while we were there. Every morning brought a new level of brilliance until on our final days, there seemed to be more leaves on the ground than in the trees.

Life is like that. Things happen during the year that lead into a different Fall from year to year. Regardless of what has been going on in my life there is one thing about Fall that remains the same and that is CHANGE! 

Fall is a season of change.
Change of weather (Praise God!!)
Change of backyard birds.
Change of clothing (another Praise God)
Change of nature. Change of family activities. (for example where honey spends his Sunday afternoons!)

For me, Fall has always been a season of REFLECTION and a time to evaluate where the year has gone and what God might be wanting to do next. It is always my desire to stay connected to THE VINE! 

In the busyness of life, ministry, being a wife, a mother, a Grandmother, a friend, a daughter, a sister (ect,ect).....sometimes I feel like I get on a treadmill and if I slow down too much or worse, STOP, I will be thrown off completely.

That is why I love seasons. We can be sure of them!

Philippians 1:6 says 
I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you, will carry it to completion, until the day of Christ Jesus!

I love to spend some extra time, during this particular season, to REFLECT on the "work" that God has done in my life and the ministries that He has given me, so far, this particular year.

Spiritually speaking, has is been a rainy year? a dry year? a
Am I on the right path Lord for where you are leading me? 
How is the "color" of my life Lord? 
Show me the things that need to be adjusted. Help me to be sensitive to adjustments that you are making. Let things die that are not yours and magnify the things that are.


God is good. All the time!!

PS...I will be mailing out books this week to the sweet sisters who helped me to REFLECT on my blogging plan for my return home...So far, so good!
Please be sure to send me your mailing address if you have not already and would like some new Fall reading material!
Love you!!






4 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

It's a time of reflection for me, too! So glad you're home and that you feel rested - what a blessing!!

Looking forward to our time together!

XO Melinda

So glad you had such a restful time!

I have been going through a time of season definitely!!....can't quite yet figure it out. I can only ask God to give me guidance and understanding...knowing that He is faithful.

Blogger The Via Colony said...

This is my life verse! What an awesome portrayal of God's promise! Beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I love finding new blogs=)

Blogger Cheri said...

This fall for me is a season of change is so many ways. Sometimes I'm acceptign the changes graciously, others - not as much as I'd like!

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits