Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
I am One of Three

My friend Lysa Tekeurst has posted some precious surrendered secrets on her blog over the past few days. I encourage you to go over for a visit.

Lysa and I share the same secret.

Lots' of our sisters do.

In fact, 1 in 3 women have a similar story.
43% of women of child bearing age share our secret.

The secret of an abortion in our past.

It was quite bizarre for me to find this on Lysa's blog tonight, as yesterday was the anniversary of my own abortion.

It is a date that most women do not forget. 

I actually carry a small card in my wallet that has the date written on it. It was given to me by the hospital personnel where my abortion was performed. 

The "safe and legal" abortion that I paid extra money for so that I could be put to sleep and not have to face what I was doing. 

The "safe and legal abortion" that resulted in an allergic reaction to the anesthesia they used that caused me to stop breathing and have to be put on a respirator. 

The "safe and legal" abortion that was supposed to be a secret. I would go in in the morning an Be out by noon. No one would ever have to know. 

The "safe and legal abortion" that caused me to stop breathing and be put respirator. I woke up with a tube stuck in my throat and my parents at the foot of my hospital bed. 

The "safe and legal" abortion that had to be completed a week later due to "products of conception" that were left behind due to the emergency of my own life nearly being lost. 

The "safe and legal abortion" that sent me spirally down into an abyss of pain, shame, guilt and self destruction for the next seven years.

Until, My Redeemer, Jesus Christ, rescued me, scooped me up into His arms and would not let me go.

I carry the little card in my wallet with September 17th on it, not to remind me of the abortion, or even of my precious little daughter that I will someday scoop up in my arms.

I carry the little card in my wallet to remind me that:

Neither death, nor life, neither angles nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38,39



10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Pat for sharing your heart. Unfortunately I wiped my secret out of my memory so completely that I don't know the exact date, only the time of year. But God knows and I know He holds my little one especially close on that day!

BTW, the link you put for Lisa's blog didn't work......it took me to a page that wouldn't load.

Blessings,
Debbie

Blogger Melinda said...

"...not ANYTHING else in all creation shall separate us"

Nothing.

Amen, sister-friend. Amen.

Love you,
Melinda

Blogger Melinda said...

To reach Lysa's blog:

http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com

Blogger Carmen said...

What a glorious ministry, Pat...

Shalom Aleichem upon you as you Administer the WORD OF LIFE to those spiritually dead...

Psalm 40:1-3

Singin' my new song for the glory of His Name!

Blogger God's girl said...

Girl, that was a beautiful post. Thanks for being real. There is freedom in that. Great freedom. Thanks for having the courage to speak out so others can follow.
May the Lord bless you!
Much love,
Angela

Blogger Arissa Mae said...

Your post title was profound and compelling, as was your story. Thanks for sharing it and your heart.

Blogger Pat said...

Hi Friends,
Thank you all for the sweet comments!
I have fixed my link problem to Lysa's Blog!
Thank you for the blog help,
Blessings,
pat

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this! It's time we all stand up and speak TRUTH!

Kelli

Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

I am SO with you on this topic. As you know I had an abortion too. And Jesus healed me after many years in secret shame. The verse you quoted is one God used in my life to speak over my wound.

Love your sites. SO excited to watch God start healing women. I am on a mission to be a voice whether in writing or speaking. I will not bow down anymore to the voices of the enemy. I will stand firm on the promises of God.

Love heals.

Blogger Vikki said...

thanks for the comment Pat. It's so wonderfully refreshing to be surrounded by a ommunity of women who are learning and growing in the Lord, as I am. A seminar by Maria Durso and a weekend healing retreat were the beginning for my recovery and restoration. Although the pain and sorrow are still there, God has been faithful

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits