Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Really---ANYBODY can loose 10 Pounds!
Him--"You are overweight"

Me----"Excuse Me?"

Him---"You are overweight--close to 10 pounds!"

Me(Close to tears)----"I know, I have really tried, I have pretty much given up all sugar and I have been doing "The SHRED" every chance I get!!! This menopause stuff is making it so difficult. On top of that I am having such a hard time sleeping at night and I get kind of moody sometimes......"

Him---"I am talking about YOUR LUGGAGE Ma'am"

Me----"OH!! My LUGGAGE!!!

Him(Close to tears)---"Yes ma'am, you are going to have to do something about the extra weight or Pay the extra price!!"

Me(wiping my tears away)--"oh, ok".

Soooo....My suitcase and I have been working this out together in preparation for this trip.

Yesterday, before I flew out here to beautiful Green Bay, Wisconsin to join up with the Lifeway Woman's Ministry Team for Fully Loaded/Living Proof Live Simulcast, we had a serious talk!

This is the deal Mrs Samsonite (I assume she IS married since she has little ones that live with her), YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Believe Me, I KNOW this is not easy but you CAN DO IT. I have faith in you!

Here is a place to start, cut back on the shoes and the extra jacket. Really, YOU DON"T NEED THEM and you know it.

Just say NO!

Another thing, you have to learn when to ZIP IT UP! You can not embrace everything! You have to be selective, you have to choose! A lot of things SEEM GOOD but it is not all GOOD!

There is a time, a place, a season for Bubble Bath, Books and Body Lotion! You just have to leave some things behind!!

Think ahead, “Do I really need this?” "How am I going to feel about it when weigh in comes?"

The discussion was tough on her but sometimes, we have to hear the hard stuff in order to go higher, reach the sky, touch the Heavens!

In the end, it was good, she passed with FLYING COLORS!!

I, on the other hand, needed 4 plastic bins to pass through security!!

Pray for me friends. Sugar really is the enemy!!

Congratulations to The Biggest Looser!!!



Of course, I did cut this guys head off but hey, he deserved it!!

Praise the Lord, the GUTS, the Blow Dryer and the Concealer made it to Green Bay!!

Hey....Watch for me on the Proverbs 31 Devotions Tomorrow, I am so honored to be there!! This is a God Chasing Ministry!!



6 Comments:

Oh my goodness, that made me burst out laughing.

Blessings,
Sandy

Blogger ~Amy~ said...

loved that one Pat..... thanks for the laugh

Blogger Debbie Henagan said...

What a great story... too funny, photos and all - LOVED it. Great to keep up with you Pat. I am looking forward to seeing you in Kirbyville, Tx.

Smiles :-)
In the grip of HIS grace,
Debbie

Anonymous mrsrevlowder said...

You made me realize why I came to this conference this weekend, Pat, and I thank God for bringing you into my life!!! Your sessions today were amazing, and I was especially touched with your 3rd breakout. Thank you for taking the time to pray with me and letting me share my heart with you, as well as my Real Life testimony album (I really could've written 20 more pages but had to get it done within a week)! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it, it truly changed my life last month and made me take a step back from "life" and thank God for each and every moment He has given me! I look forward to hearing you again tomorrow. God bless you and THANK YOU for being you!!! <><
In HIM Alone~
Melinda =)

Blogger Joyful said...

LOVED your devotional today!!!! What a wonderful analogy. My husband and son waterski/wakeboard etc... and I've so often heard my husband use that same expression. Your application is great.

Letting the rope come to me and giving up the struggle,
Joy

Blogger Debora Wilbourn said...

Hi Pat! Loved your blog today! We will be "cyber" joining the simulcast this evening and tomorrow from Artesia, NM. So we'll see ya' there!
Blessings,
Debbie

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits