Pat Layton Pat Layton Pat Layton: Sweet Tea for Surrendered Sisters
Apprehend That for Which You Were Apprehended
There have been many seasons during my walk with God that I have felt that my life was spinning out of control. From the moment that I clearly understood my salvation, who God is and who I am, I have sincerely endeavored to follow His call on my life. There have been times that I clearly knew what that "call" was. There have been other times that I felt like I was standing in the eye of a hurricane and had no idea how to find God's path for me. When those times come, I just try to "stay the course". Do my very best to just keep pressing on the last "Word" that God stirred in my heart. Kind of like when you tell you children "if you get lost always go back to the last place that we were together and I will find you"!!

A couple of years ago, I began to sense a new season coming in my life. Although I had some ideas of the general gifting and ministry that God has called me to, I had no idea what He was about to do. I am a very, let me rephrase that VERY, VERY visionary person. I dream BIG dreams. I pursue BIG goals.

I have often reminded God of His promise in Ephesians 3:20

Now to Him who is able to to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power, that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever, amen.

It has often been very difficult for me to imagine that God has bigger dreams than I do!!!

As the past 2 years have come to life, I have seen God honor His WORD in my life in a tremendous ways. Many are very personal, heart changes, character growth, forgiveness, grace through sin, etc.....A few have been very public. Lifeway's publishing of my Post Abortion Healing materials written 22 years ago, has been one of those "immeasurably" more than I could imagine things!!!

At the beginning of this year God dropped a new phrase into my heart and has confirmed it several times over the past few months:

Apprehend That for Which YOU Have been Apprehended

The words come from a place in the Bible that is very familiar to me and that I have studied often. Philippians 3:12-14 However, I had never personalized them in quite the same way before.

God does that!!!

I am going to spend the next few BLOG's sharing some new things that God is showing me from those passages.

My purpose is 2 fold:
#1) That I will continue to "get" it!!!
#2) That someone who might read this BLOG will "get it" with me.

I recently attended a Beth Moore "Living Proof Live" in Jacksonville. I have never been to one of these before but decided to go with some girlfriends at the last minute. When Beth approached the podium, after she expressed her appeal to God, to have a fresh and personal WORD for Him for the 14,500 women who were attending. She bowed down and asked Him again to use her voice and her words, then she walked up to the podium and spoke out to the crowd.......

Apprehend That For Which You Were Apprehended!!!

Can I just say, I was a mush ball from that minute forward. I have yet to stop getting tears in my eyes when I think of it. I hope that I never do.

When God has a Word for us, He WILL GET IT OUT!!!!! He WILL CONFIRM IT!! We do not have to guess what He wants if we continue to ask Him and press into Him for His direction for our lives, we will not "spin" for long!!!

Praise His Mighty Name....
pat



2 Comments:

Blogger CoachK said...

Great looking blog Pat! And you know I so agree and am amazed at all God is doing. He truly is faithful! You know my blog name is princessK....I'm thinking I should change it to queenk. What do you think? (:

Blogger Pat said...

PrincessK....
Thank you for your comment! I think your BLOG name is perfect, I can't wait to see it, when will it be open?
BTW, you can point your sceptor my way anytime!!
Much love,
pat

Post a Comment

Home

My Ministry Sites
Blogs I Like
Subscribe
Site Search
Previous Posts
Archives
Miscellaneous
Credits